Who needs comfort zones?

Last November, I was feeling a bit isolated in my hobby.  Sure, it's nice to be different, but sometimes the air gets pretty icy up here at my lonely perch. 

So, determined to change that, I looked on the web one day to see if there were any other people in Edinburgh that sewed.  It's a decent sized city, so the odds were in my favour from the get-go. 

In the process of searching, I stumbled across the happy sewing place, and its lovely owner Debi.  Well, later that week, I was going to a fashion show that Harvey Nic's was putting on, and given that these things don't happen very often in Edinburgh, I thought I would pass the news on to Debi.  Although not able to attend, she returned the information sharing favour and let me know of a Crafter's Ceilidh that she was organising with two fellow crafty ladies. 

To say I was excited is an understatement.  I was also more than a little nervous at the thought of meeting a group of people not yet known to me…but anyway.  After going (alone) to the fashion show, and meeting three wonderful women there, and generally having a fantastic time, I decided to take a leaf out of the King & I and ignore the wallflower part of my personality and embrace the extroverted…and before I knew it, everything was fine and not scary at all!

In the process of walking around fabric stores, vintage emporiums, cafes and eateries I met a wonderful group of people and was benefited by a large amount of inspiration and enthusiasm towards starting up the engine on my blog.

So, it is with you all in mind that I will attempt to update this blog more regularly.  Hopefully picturing an actual person reading this might be just the inspiration I need to be more diligent!

I also came away with these more tangible treats:


Green/Blue mystery year and fibre stuff
£10 Armstrong's
For use in a jacket (maybe Burda 118/01/2012)
Petticoat from Armstrong's, £22
For wearing under my Burns Supper dress

Blouse (thanks Pincusiontreats)
To be sewn with blue gingham in my stash 

1970s pant/skirt suit from Scruffy Badger Time
I only have eyes for the blouse at this stage, but....















Purple/Blue wool/poly mix
£8 Mandors
Long, straight skirt

White silk/lurex/cotton
£12 Mandors
Blouse from the
Scruffy Badger Time pattern
Grey satin
£7 per metre (150 wide)
For use in my Burns Supper dress










Comments

  1. Oh hello there! I remember you from the ceilidh - the girl with the amazing smile! ;)
    So glad you are blogging now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, what a lovely thing to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Can you tell I am excited??? So glad you are blogging and that I get to see pictures of THAT dress (IT IS FABULOUS!) yipppeeeeeee! We must do coffee sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, I would be well up for that. Yay indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts