Sewing | Vogue meets Vivienne Westwood

         
Source
Source
  
Source
Dame Vivienne has long been an inspiration to me; mostly because of her devil may care attitude which I envy and find empowering.  Plus, she started out on her illustrious career in her 30s, at a time when career changes weren’t so common.   That self-knowledge and self-belief makes her a hero in my eyes.
Her designs look good on all sorts of women from titan curvies to waifs; which not only shows tremendous skill and understanding, but it’s also just plain positive and accepting.
Suffice to say, there was a fair amount of subconscious thought behind this skirt.  I had some tartan left over from my favourite sewing project of all-time and I thought it would be fun to play with the pattern in an unexpected way.  Enter the Lialia dress pattern with its crazy folds.
Love the folds in this pattern - something unexpected
Strike a pose!
Yes it’s a derriere enhancing design, but that’s part of the fun!
This last photo was taken just as a top tune came on the radio 
...so I got a little excited J
I’ve made the skirt before, so knew that it would fit etc, but also knew that it was very short.  So this version has a small band along the bottom of it.  Other than that, the only difference is that this material is patterned – but what a difference that makes, don’t you think?

Comments

  1. Well you're looking quite dame vivienne-ish yourself with that gorgeous red hair and fabulous lipstick! Love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that! Thank you very much. I shall endeavour to channel her more often :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I've been a long time fan of VW too; so I completely adore your spunky little skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts